Oxfam is looking for our office in Dakar, which covers the Senegal and the West Africa Regional Programme for:
Programme Officer Livelihoods
Based in Dakar, Senegal
Purpose of the function
You will refine and implement the country strategy in close co-operation with the local partner organisations and the other Oxfams. You will focus on managing the programme for Senegal. The PO will also foster program development for External Funding opportunities.
The programme officers report directly to the (Associate) Country Director.
Main tasks of the function:
• In close co-operation with Country Office team in Dakar you will make an important contribution to the formulation and implementation of the strategy and programme in Senegal.
• You will maintain direct contacts with partners for the monitoring, evaluation and development of partners’ programmes & their organisational capacities.
• You are responsible for the identifying, development and management of the portfolio of local partners and projects, which implies that you will submit proposals to the CO-team for approval, spending on counterpart proposals on your specific theme.
• You contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the annual contract. You report to the (Associate) Country Director on the progress made in the annual plan, both related to the grant management and program development, and you will also coordinate the communication around this.
• You will actively engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders on fostering external funding opportunities and where needed develop programs with partners and others.
• You signal opportunities for local co-operation and (back-donor) financing that contribute to the goals of Oxfam and you will develop and maintain partnerships. This includes the development and implementation of projects and programmes that (potential) back-donors (could) finance
• You provide for the appraisal of project progress reports, ensure feedback to partner organisations & monitoring of agreements, and ensure registration in our administrative system.
• You initiate and facilitate activities concerning knowledge & information management with local partners to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of programmes and lessons learned.
• You facilitate the networking between (Oxfam) partners and relevant external actors like knowledge & research institutes, and initiate and facilitate reports and any publications in this area.
• You are responsible for identifying, organising, facilitating and if needed monitoring of the capacity building processes for partners on your specific theme.
• In close collaboration with others Oxfam teams, you contribute to the implementation of Oxfam Joint Country Analysis Strategy (JCAS).
• completed an academic degree in a discipline relevant to the specific areas mentioned in relation to development cooperation.
• demonstrable recent and substantial work experience with NGO’s in Senegal and/or West Africa.
• experience in organisational analysis & partnership, networks, grant management & program development.
• analytical thinking skills and abilities to influence others.
• experience in developing, managing and monitoring development projects by NGOs, including multi-actor programs funded by external donors.
• Experience in writing concept notes and proposals for external funding purpose.
• excellent social skills and are a team player; you are pro-active and have willingness to learn.
• excellent communication skills in French and English.
The gross basic salary will be between CFA 15.360.000 and CFA 20.590.000 gross per year on the basis of a 40 hour workweek.
Are you interested? Send your application latest 12th October 2013 in writing including a motivation and curriculum vitae and mentioning reference number 5-121 to email@example.com address to the Associate Country Director.
Acquisition due to this advertisement will not be appreciated